The purpose of this blog is to satisfy ICOM 101 requirements. This blog will focus on the music industry, particularly the affect Big Industry has on small labels or unsigned artists.

Monday, October 31, 2011

iWhat? iWeb!

iWeb is a software used for creating websites. Some would argue that it is not the most professional website generator but if used thoroughly, a highly developed, user-friendly site can be produced. Other programs that can do this are DreamWeaver and CSS.

Some of the topics covered in the iWeb tutorial are basic text & images, photo & movie pages and blogging and publishing to the internet. Because of all of my knowledge of basic graphic design and layout from TCOM, setting up my iWeb was a no brainer but the Lynda.com tutorial because it explains how layouts should fall.

Publishing may be the hardest thing about using iWeb. With iWeb, we use an FTP server which is basically the host of your site and information. The domain name is the website title. This is a link to my personal resume site produced with iWeb, hosted at Ball State. iWeb is incredibly user friendly and very easy to edit.

Certainly, after this tutorial I will tweak my web page to improve it and utilize my skills for this Creative Project. I love iWeb for its user friendly interface as well as its ease of publication and simplicity.

No comments:

Post a Comment