The purpose of this blog is to satisfy ICOM 101 requirements. This blog will focus on the music industry, particularly the affect Big Industry has on small labels or unsigned artists.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

What in the world is LiveType?

LiveType is graphic and title creation software that come with the Final Cut Pro Suite. It is not just for amateurs, professional artists use it and it is great for TV broadcast.

The main topics covered in my lynda.com training were the basic interface, starting the project, adding backgrounds, moving items throughout the tracks, editing the effects, and finally exporting to Final Cut Pro (FCP).

One of my professors has told me, that once you learn one software, all other softwares have the same basic functions. This is very true about LiveType. I would say that I am very fluent in FCP, which made learning the interface of LiveType very easy, because it has a very similar layout to FCP.

The initial discussion began by opening the program, learning the windows and their functions and finally learning how to star a blank project. After that I learned how to add a background to the blank presentation. One of the most important features of LiveType is possibly utilizing the tracks. Tracks are one of the basic functions in the FCP Suite. Using a combination of the tracks and the inspector you can creat words, twist them, angle them and almost any other effect you could image.

As I continue in my digital audio classes, knowing how to use LiveType will come in handy. Currently, I am doing a 30 second promo that I can use LiveType to create graphics for the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment